Wednesday, June 20, 2018

That Awkward Moment When You Can't Think of Anything to Talk About Because You Haven't Done Anything

Well, it's been a while since I checked in and the only excuse I have is the lack of subject matter. My downtime at work is from around Memorial Day to when I go to market in mid-July. There's just nothing going on and I hardly work at all, so I've really slipped into a virtual summer coma.

Last week, Carson was out of town and I took the opportunity to do my summer cleansing of the house. Every summer, I go through the house, room by room, closet by closet, drawer by drawer, and purge, straighten, and clean. So, really, there was nothing blog-worthy about that.

The last few days, I've been glued to the tv watching the Bulldogs in the College World Series. Generally, baseball isn't my sport of choice. It's just not a good fit for my attention capacity. Games are so long and slow and there are soooo many of them. No, I'm cut out for college football fandom, where the action is fast paced and you only play each team once. But, when my beloved alma mater makes it to Omaha, well, I do perk up and get interested in America's pastime. Consequently, a week of excessive tv watching hasn't provided much wisdom or inspiration that I've felt the need to pen....except eat a banana and wish us luck on Friday. Tune in and learn about the rally banana phenomenon if you're not from these parts.
I won't lie. There's also been a lot of sleeping. Sleeping in and a little nap after lunch.....but that doesn't make for very good blog posts either. Don't get me wrong, it makes for a good time, but not so much for exciting reading.

I did have an appointment, this week, for some new headshots for the blog, but I had to reschedule that. I'm sure there would've been some material there, but we'll have to wait another week for that fun.
 
And, in case you were wondering, my feelings about summer haven't changed. If anything, they have deteriorated. Aside from the opportunities for more rest, summer has got nothing that I need. Mosquitos, snakes, scalding car seats, flies, wasps, humidity, sunburn, gnats, and heat that will singe your little nostril hairs. Nope, nothing about any of that appeals to me and so, until there is a hint of autumn air, you shall find me and my diminished motivation inside somewhere enjoying the marvels of climate control, waiting for the heat and all its evil minions to retreat. For now, I can look to Hobby Lobby to give me hope that better days are ahead.
Today was Carson's 18th birthday. He has a summer job and so this was his first birthday to experience the work day birthday. We've all got to experience it sooner or later. That year when your birthday becomes just another day at the office. Well, we celebrated big, this past weekend, when Blair and John Samuel were home and he had spurts of celebration again today, so his birth has been properly observed, I'd say. I just can't believe how fast 18 years go by. Why, it seems like just yesterday, they were pulling him from my womb, kicking and screaming. Good times.       

Well, I guess I'll go now. It's one thing to not have anything to say and another thing to go on about how you have nothing to say. Carson will be on another trip, next week, headed to Niagara Falls with our church youth group, so who knows what kind of project I'll start then. Maybe it'll be something worth sharing.

Y'all have a good week......and Hail State!


 

2 comments:

  1. My youngest is 13 this summer, and even though I have older kids too, the way the years are flying by for my youngest ar amazing! Enjoy your down time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 18th Birthday!the start of Carson adulthood:). Me too Joni, hibernating until, hmmmmm, October? Seem like our summers here are getting longer:(. Had to laugh seeing HL with Autumnal decor. Last year I stayed until after the 4th of July at my mom's and my sister wanted to go to HL. Some Autumnal and a bit of Halloween too! Put a smile on my face:). Keep cool, Kathleen in Az

    ReplyDelete


Follow by Email!
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Browse through all the blog posts over the years

view all

Labels

Labels