Thursday, February 2, 2023

Mostly Cloudy With a 100% Chance of Afrin

Well, I’ve been home sick this week. I was supposed to go on a little day trip with a friend on Monday but woke up feeling bad. Later, I found out it was Covid, so I’m so glad I didn’t pop some Advil and power through like I was tempted to do. Anyway, who knows where I got it, but my bet is Buc-ee’s. We stopped on the way home from the mountains and I ran inside while Davis pumped gas. The people were shoulder to shoulder in there and, after a few minutes, I realized most of them were coughing. It was a little bizarre. You could almost see the germs buzzing in the air like houseflies. I could have put my drink back and left, but I was really in there to get one of those brisket sandwiches and I wasn’t leaving without it. There are some things worth a roll of the dice and, well, here we are, one incubation period later. Who knows. I could’ve picked it up anywhere but- yeah, I’m going to leave my money on Buc-ee’s. 

All things considered, I don’t have a lot to talk about this week. Unless you want to hear about the tribulations of breathing out of one nostril or my flirtations with Afrin addiction. Yes, they’re doing some fine work down there at the Afrin nose spray factory and I don’t think we recognize that enough. I could offer my reasons for recommending Puffs Plus Lotion over Kleenex Soothing Lotion. Ruby and I have taken a lot of naps. Then, we’d get up and look out the window across the foggy, dreary landscape and sigh. I did finish watching The Crown and just loved it. I may have to start it again. 

I don’t feel like I’m really missing anything by being on house arrest. I don’t know about where you live, but it’s been so overcast here. Wet, cloudy, cold. I can’t remember the last time I saw the sun. Now don’t get me wrong- I’m all about some cold, overcast days, but even I’ve reached my fill of the damp darkness. I’ll look back in mid-July when the sun has scorched the earth’s surface and think what a fool I was. Most of my friends have been longing for the warmth of the sun and longer stretches of daylight since October. This January did seem particularly gloomy and dark. I’ll give them that. The weatherman has used the sunshine graphic for tomorrow’s forecast. I’m surprised he even remembered where he kept it, but we’ll look forward to it becoming a reality. Take heart, warmth lovers, soon enough we’ll be sweating through our clothes, slapping mosquitos, and our legs sticking to the car seats. Won’t that be great fun? 

Just wanted to check in with you even though I didn’t have much to say. One of my resolutions for the new year was to post once a week. Such as it is, I hated to drop the ball this early. I hope y’all see some sunshine this weekend. Be careful out there. It’s an awfully germy time of year! 

Until next week-

JONI 

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Follow by Email!
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Browse through all the blog posts over the years

view all

Labels

Labels