Thursday, July 20, 2023

Late Notice of July Closure

Well, I’m checking in to let you know I haven’t forgotten I have a blog. I guess I’m kind of unofficially taking the month of July off even though I didn’t announce that ahead of time. I’ve been busy doing what we do here in the South this time of year- trying to manage heat-induced impatience and putting up vegetables. It’s the time of year when everyone wants to know if you’d like some squash just as you were about to ask them the same thing. No, no one in the South wants any more squash. We’re up to our eyeballs in it. Peas? Well, those are another story. We’ll run you over with our car to get a bushel of those. So, we’re just down here looking up new squash recipes, swatting at flies, and counting the days until cooler weather and college football arrive. Not that the two are, in any way, synonymous, but looking ahead has kept us going.

I’ve had some of you ask about Otis. Otis has gone from the streets to our garage to a full-time house dog. This heat’s not fit for man nor beast. When we let him in, the mystery of Otis only deepened as we discovered he was 100% house-trained. None of it makes any sense, but he’s adjusted perfectly to indoor living and seems to prefer it to living at Wal-Mart. 

Now I have this view when I eat cereal at night

And when I make him go outdoors, he gets highly incensed- like someone else I know. What the heck? 

Well, I just wanted to check in and say hello. I’ve been busy enjoying family and friends and will take another couple of weeks to do so. My brain powers down in the heat anyway, so you wouldn’t want to read anything it could manufacture right now. It’s bad out there, people. Stay safe! 

I’ll leave you with something I saw and loved! It tickled me- so accurate. 

You good? I certainly hope you good. Y’all take care and we’ll get back together in August. 

JONI 




1 comment:

  1. July has been hot in PA, too. Not Mississippi hot, though. Otis hit the lotto with you all, and I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete


Follow by Email!
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Browse through all the blog posts over the years

view all

Labels

Labels