Monday, September 2, 2019

Hey You

Well, August certainly was an eventful month around here with lots of birthdays, the unexpected funeral of a classmate, moving a kid to college, lightning striking Blair's vehicle in our driveway during a visit home and about 230,452 other things in between. But, if you've read the blog for very long, you know August's end is a somewhat triumphal time for me and my heat-loathing self. The psychological victory of surviving another southern summer was won the moment I could see the words, June, July, and August, in the rearview mirror. Here is actual footage of me hurling myself into September at the stroke of midnight.
The facts that college football is here, the skies are a bit bluer, and the house now smells of pumpkin spice are all working together to distract me from the harsh reality that temps will reach the upper 90's by the end of the week. Yes, the forecasted high for our first home game in Starkville on Saturday is 99 degrees meaning 128 degrees in our seats, which are considerably closer to the sun than where standard weather measurements are taken. So, yes, it's September, the launch of the autumnal season, but only on paper for some of us.
 
Anyway, I've had a lot going on for the last couple of weeks, but I wanted to check in to say hey and tell you I hope to be back at it by Thursday night or early next week, at the latest.
 
Hope y'all had a good Laborless Day.
 
See you soon.      

       

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Follow by Email!
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Browse through all the blog posts over the years

view all

Labels

Labels