Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Dreamer

I’ve got a busy end of the week starting tomorrow, so I’m just popping in to say hi and share a quick note. 

I’m a dreamer. Not as much in the aspiration sense as the kind that happens when you sleep. I’ve been wearing my Fitbit to bed and, if it’s accurate, it has confirmed what I have suspected all along- I consistently spend more time than the average person in REM sleep. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a sign of mental illness, but I do have some vivid and entertaining dreams.

For the last year or more, I’ve been having this crazy, recurring dream. In this one, I wake up in the middle of the night all alone in a dark, strange house. Kind of an old and rundown place. I’m in bed and I sit up and look around in the dark at the furnishings and the moonlit windows and doors to try to determine their placement and get clues on where I am. When I realize I’m in a strange house all alone, I get concerned that I need to get up and lock the doors but, as is the norm in dreamland, I can’t because I’m just too sleepy and I can only move in slow motion. 

Now, I’m no dream interpreter so I have no idea what, if anything, the dream might indicate about me. Maybe a therapist type would say that I’m bonkers and need immediate help. I certainly couldn’t argue with that. I do know that, while it’s just a dream, it does seem kind of  familiar. I’ve been having that very same bewildered confusion about my whereabouts in the waking hours, too. 

There are times I wonder if I’ve possibly woken up on a different planet as nothing people do makes much sense anymore. If you’re feeling that way then I’m here to tell you that you are not alone. If you’re looking around in the dark-desperate for the slightest glimmer of common sense or just a hint of logical thinking and sound reasoning, I promise you aren’t the only one. If you’re disoriented in these new surroundings and its new rules and wishing for the old familiar scenes of personal responsibility, thicker skin, and courage of conviction, then you are in good company. If you’re trying to figure out how the heck you got to this strange place where right is wrong and wrong is right, then you are among many friends. 

Let’s face it- people have gone kooky. And just hearing and reading about other people, who have gone kooky, can cause you to also go kooky, because you just can’t accept the fact that anyone could ever be as kooky as the people who have, in turn, made you kooky with all of their kookiness. 

That is all. I have no deep insights or wise words to add on the subject other than “I feel ya, girl.” 


We’ll talk next week!! 

JONI


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Follow by Email!
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Browse through all the blog posts over the years

view all

Labels

Labels