Sunday, December 22, 2019

Merry Christmas From the Millers



Because Christmas card photos are always such a stress-free experience, this year, we decided to involve two dogs with little to no home training in order to add an element of challenge for everyone. Getting five people to look pleasant at the same time is hard enough without inserting dogs into the situation, where squirrels are running everywhere. Mark Whiddon is a good and patient man. He has documented our 2019 existence, despite some of those pictured whining about forgetting to pack appropriately and some of those pictured being asleep just minutes before this picture was taken.

Carson left for college in August with one self-motivating goal, "Don't suck". I'm happy to report that he did not suck, this semester, and we are so proud of that. He also didn't change his sheets, but that's not something we'll address here in our holiday greeting. He's adjusted well and is loving the Bulldog life, which makes his parents happy. Blair had an awesome year in her sales job, which is perfectly suited to her personality. John Samuel will finish his master's degree in accounting in March, which he's done while working full time. They've found their people and their church in their new town and we've likely lost them to the Gulf Coast life for good, but we're glad they've found their place. Davis and I have settled into the empty nest thing. It's really not so bad, after all. If I elaborate any further, it may hurt the offsprings' feelings, so I'll just leave it at that. Ruby has recently taken up basket unweaving and seems to really have a knack for it. She's less enthusiastic about recent orders from the doctor to shed some pounds. She continues to dispel any hint of monotony around here.        

I just wanted to do a quick post to sign off for 2019. I don't know what it is about Christmas time, but I always tend to get sentimental and even a little misty-eyed about the people in my life, right about now. Maybe it's the soft glow of the Christmas lights that illuminates those corners of the heart. Maybe it's the impending turn of another year and the realization of how quickly life passes. Or, perhaps, it's just the higher than normal blood sugar and cholesterol levels. I really don't know, but, whatever the reason, this time of year, I'm most appreciative of the gift of people, most of all.

Those people most definitely include you. Each week, you make me so humbly grateful. Knowing there are millions of sites that a person could choose to visit on the internet and you use your valuable time to stop by here to see me. You'll never know how precious that is to my heart. Thank you so very much. You are a blessing to my life.

I'd like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I can't wait to see what topics await us in 2020.

God bless you.

    

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful family portrait, dogs included! Merry Christmas, Joni!

    ReplyDelete


Follow by Email!
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Browse through all the blog posts over the years

view all

Labels

Labels